Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Internet Marketing Should You Try It?

In this article I hope to share with you some insights related to internet marketing for those of you that haven't been able to see success or for those that are considering trying it. I would like to give some bullet points on what I am learning at Wealthy Affiliate (an online internet marketing university).

Personally I was initially turned off by the phrase wealthy affiliate (though I now love the training) because I associated it with get rich quick scams and I also began to look at internet marketing not with the intent of making a lot of money (though many make a lot or enter into it with that intent) but as a means to provide a second income from my home or wherever I was at in the world.

But anyway, getting back to what I was saying earlier, here are some points to offer help for those that are looking into IM (internet marketing), have doubts about it or have not been able to see any fruit from their labors. So here are some nuggets that I offer from my experience. I hope they can be of help to you:

Writing is essential. Some may disagree with me on this but if you want to do this right and be in it for the long-haul you are going to have to write (unless you have money you can spend to outsource this). I was hoping this would not be the case because I really have never enjoyed writing (though it is beginning to grow on me). The internet feeds on content. And yes, images, videos are very important but a lot of SEO and article marketing is dependant on quality, unique content.

You can learn to write. The good thing is that you can learn to write better and you can learn to write in a way that is just your natural self and if you find a passion you can write about it. This will make your writing easier and more enjoyable and you will be more consistent. At Wealthy Affiliate where I am receiving my training the owner Kyle wrote something that I now agree with. Those who write consistently succeed. Of course, there are other pieces to the puzzle but writing consistently is key.

Commit for a year. What helped me keep at... this might sound strange... is that I paid for a whole year of training. I am committed to learning for a year. I am treating this as if I was studying in the University. There is enough people that are able to make this work for them so I decided to find the best training online I could receive and commit to learn and apply for a whole year.

IT TAKES TIME... and effort. At first I tried to make everything work quickly and would jump from one thing to another. I am finally coming to the point where I am committing to one thing at a time. I am learning to take small steps to learn and then to take action. In fact I have been taught to spend 50% of my time learning and 50% of my time applying, taking action (So if I have 8 hours a week to give to this I spend 4 on learning and 4 applying)

Ask questions from those who are doing it successfully. I have loved the forums at Wealthy Affiliate. I have learned a lot from people that live doing this full time. Reading and asking questions from real people and from current posts (the internet changes a lot) has been extremely valuable.

Write out weekly goals and stick to them. This is what I am doing now. Writing out my goals has made a big difference. Otherwise I tend to get distracted and go from one thing to another or I get lost in all of the information and options that are available.

TAKE ACTION. To make this work you need to take consistent action and the right type of action with the proper training. Keep at it both in learning and in taking action and you should see fruit to your labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment